Join YRS in supporting the Youth Fight for Jobs campaign – to fight for better work opportunities and conditions for young workers and students.
Written by Ragavi
As a consequence of the pandemic, we have seen a rise in unemployment. In the wake of this crisis, the disparity between young people, aged 16 to 24 and those above 25, is stark (ONS). Young people have been particularly affected by redundancies and unemployment. Youth Fight for Jobs have taken matters into their own hands and want to see real change in young people’s lives. They work with trade unions to have the youth’s voices heard. They also fight for better opportunities for young people such as well paid apprenticeships and training schemes with confirmed jobs that pay real living wages.
YFFJ will be carrying out demonstrations across the country on Saturday 9th October 2021. Look for a city near you to join in on the day of action.
• Birmingham: Victoria Square 1pm
• Leeds: Millenium Square, 12pm
• London: Outside Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, 1pm
• Liverpool: Top of Church Street (by Bold Street), 12pm
• Leicester: Meet at the Clocktower, 2pm
• Mansfield: Westgate (near Market Place), NG18 1JA, 1pm
• Bristol: Outside McDonald’s, 101/105 the Horsefair, BS1 3JR, 1pm
• Plymouth: Meet at the Sundial Fountain, 1pm
• Cardiff: Outside the Capitol Centre, Queen Street, 12pm
• Swansea: Castle Square, 2pm
• Brighton: Meet at the middle circle of the Level, 1pm
• Southampton: The Bargate, 1pm
• Reading: Assemble at Reading Council Offices, RG1 2LU, 1pm
• Portsmouth: Guildhall Square, 12pm
For more information visit: https://youthfightforjobs.com